Subject: SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program (ISOP)
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-66      Publish Date : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 Visit :
5004 

NEWS | SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) 

SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) 
SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) 

SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program (ISOP)

SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program 

A 4-day orientation program was held at Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS) to help new international students with a successful
transition to the University. The program was inaugurated on Oct. 14,
2019 and concluded on Oct. 17, 2019.

On the first day of the Program, Prof. Panjehshahin, the representative
of SUMS chancellor, gave his speech to address the new international
students for an incessant endeavor to apprehend knowledge and enrich
their personalities with human moralities. He also encouraged them to
become an effective member of the University community benefiting from
the restless and generous support of the University’s elite professors
and researchers as well as the presence of the most modern facilities
and equipment.  

SUMS 2019 International Student Orientation Program 

Dr. Nasrrollah Erfani, the Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA), as the second speaker maintained, this
year, the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for GSIA had received
approximately 1000 applications from 38 countries competing for 40
available places. He added, the great number of applications indicates
the prestigious place of the University in the region and its constant
spread of fame. Offering miscellaneous degree and non-degree programs,
the Vice-Chancellery has been constantly developing the University’s
international connections through MOUs, agreements, and contracts, he
continued. Dr. Erfani concluded his speech mentioning that to
strengthen SUMS international cooperation, the Vice-Chancellery is
fostering further cooperation with Iranian and non-Iranian scientists
of the pre-eminent exotic universities.

The Director of International Education Program, Dr. Elham Nasiri,
also, declared, the increasing number of applications and available
places had provided the opportunity of giving admissions to topnotch
students. Thus, in comparison to the first batch of international
students, the students of later intakes could achieve academic
excellence and demonstrated better academic progress. 

Further, as the Director of International Networking and Marketing,
Maryam Daneshmandi, stated, during the ISOP, the new international
students heard presentations from SUMS faculty and staff with many tips
for success in Iranian classroom, On-Campus, and in general in the
Country. Information provided included:

*	Adjusting to a New Culture
*	Life in Iran
*	On-Campus Living
*	Education System
*	SUMS regulations and administrative system
*	Understanding course schedule
*	Health insurance
*	Counseling Services

To provide an exciting time for the ISOPers to make new friends, make
connections on campus, and enjoy all that SUMS has to offer; besides,
sports competition was run on the 1st day of the Program. Finally, she
remarked that the ISOP concluded on Thursday, October 17, 2019,
proceeding with banking procedure and officially registering the new
international students.