Subject: Head of the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Diseases of the University of Nijmegen Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-79      Publish Date : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 Visit :
3022 

NEWS | Head of the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Diseases of the University of Nijmegen... 

Head of the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Diseases
of the University of Nijmegen Visits Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences 
Head of the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Diseases
of the University of Nijmegen Visits Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences 

Head of the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Diseases
of the University of Nijmegen Visits Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences

Professor Jacques Meis

Professor Jacques Meis, the Head of the Department of Clinical
Microbiology and Infectious Diseases of the University of Nijmegen,
Netherlands visited the School of Medicine, Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS) for three days and cascaded the most recent
research information on a drug resistant fungal pathogen called Candida
auris.

Dr. Nasrollah Erfani, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs, stated that he strongly supported the plans to
facilitate international scholars’ and scientists’ visits to SUMS. He
also promised to pave the way for SUMS academic departments, research
centers, and teaching hospitals to collaborate with pre-eminent
universities across the globe.

As the head of SUMS Infectious Diseases Basic Research Center, Dr.
Pakshir, elaborated, during Dr. Meis’ three-day visit, several round
table meetings with the Departments of Parasitology, Mycology,
Bacteriology, and Virology as well as SUMS graduate and undergraduate
students were held. The main purposes of these round table talks were
getting familiar with the latest advances, diagnosis, and infection
control as to the aforementioned organism, sharing information about
the University research equipment and facilities, and discussing the
possibilities of knowledge exchange and conducting joint research
projects with Dutch universities.