Subject: Dr. Farhad Handjani Appointed a Board Director of World Association of Medical Editors
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-80      Publish Date : Saturday, January 11, 2020 Visit :
4377 

NEWS | Dr. Farhad Handjani Appointed a Board Director of World
Association of Medical Editors 

Dr. Farhad Handjani Appointed a Board Director of World Association of
Medical Editors 
Dr. Farhad Handjani Appointed a Board Director of World Association of
Medical Editors 

Dr. Farhad Handjani Appointed a Board Director of World Association of
Medical Editors

Dr. Farhad Hanjani

Dr. Farhad Handjani, the Professor of Dermatology and the Head of the
Department of Dermatology at the School of Medicine, Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences (SUMS) has the votes of the World Association of
Medical Editors’ (WAME) members to become one of the board directors
ratified from January 1, 2020.

SUMS Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs reported that by the WAME’s decisive vote, Dr.
Farhad Handjani was elected as one of the board directors of the
association. This association has more than 1830 members and is the
representative of more than 1000 medical journals from 92 countries
across the globe. Among different purposes of this association,
interaction and collaboration between the editors of medical journals,
promoting the standards for editors, and expanding research on editing
scientific writing can be counted.

Dr. Handjani remarked, “while holding the position, I hope to pave the
way for an efficient interaction between Iranian journals of medical
sciences and high-ranked international medical journals”. In addition
to this new position, Dr. Handjani is currently the president of
Eastern Mediterranean Association of Medical Editors (EMAME), the
president of the Iranian Society of Dermatology, and a member of
National Medical Journals Council. He is also the chief editor of two
medical journals of Middle East Journal of Cancer (MEJC) and the
Iranian Journal of Dermatology.