Subject: Prof. Farahnak Assadi from Rush University, Chicago visits the Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee Hospital
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-81      Publish Date : Saturday, January 11, 2020 Visit :
3587 

NEWS | Prof. Farahnak Assadi from Rush University, Chicago visits the
Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee ... 

Prof. Farahnak Assadi from Rush University, Chicago visits the
Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee Hospital 
Prof. Farahnak Assadi from Rush University, Chicago visits the
Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee Hospital 

Prof. Farahnak Assadi from Rush University, Chicago visits the
Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee Hospital

Prof. Farahnak Assadi

Prof. Farahnak Assadi, a pediatric nephrologist from Rush University,
Chicago, United States visited the Pediatric Nephrology Ward at Nemazee
Hospital.

Prof. Farahnak Assadi, one of the best nephrologists of Rush
University, Chicago, United States regularly pays visits to different
medical universities in Iran and this time the Pediatric Nephrology
Ward at Nemaazi Hospital, an affiliated hospital of Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences (SUMS) hosted him for a week.

Dr. Farahnak Assadi is one of the non-resident Iranian elites who has
significant and continuous academic collaboration with SUMS and its
affiliated polyclinics.

Dr. Ali Derakhshan, the Head of Pediatric Nephrology Department at
Nemazee Hospital explained that during Dr. Assadi’s visit, a few
meetings and conferences have been held with physician assistants of
Nephrology department in which Dr. Assadi talked about IV therapy,
chronic kidney failure and the tips to prevent kidney failure. He added
that Dr. Assadi participated in some ground rounds at the nephrology
ward in addition to attending radiology, urology and nuclear medicine
conferences. In these meetings, he also discussed metabolic acidosis
and electrolyte disorder as well as metabolic alkalosis and urinalysis.

Dr. Assadi also had a meeting held in the Journal Club in which he
talked about his publications on BK virus and Hydrops Fetalis. The
result of these discussions was fostering the plans to conduct two
continuous joint research projects with SUMS Shiraz Nephrology Research
Center.