Subject: Finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest to be Announced
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-95      Publish Date : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 Visit :
3046 

NEWS | Finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest to be Announced 

Finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest to be Announced 
Finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest to be Announced 

Finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest to be Announced

 

Mohamamd Javad Zare Mohazabieh: The jury members will announce the
finalists of SUMS International Cartoon Contest, “We Defeat Coronavirus”
by the end of this week.  Five jury members, Eray Ozbec, Liuyi Wang,
Spiro Radulovic, Nikola Vorontsov, and Marcio Leite had declared their
final opinions and judgements and Iranian jury members including Bahram
Azimi, Mohammad Hossein Niroumand, Massoud Shojai Tabatabai, and I will
state our votes by May 22, 2020.  

As Zare Mohazabieh remarked, throwing the closing event depends on
Iran’s health condition regarding coronavirus impacts. Upon the
assessment of the Country’s health condition, the festival committee
will decide whether to carry out an in-person or on-line closing event.
The festival’s committee is currently preparing the festival book and
planning the administration of the closing event, he continued to add.

SUMS announced a call for application for its international cartoon
contest, “We Defeat Coronavirus”, in March 2, 2020. During a period of
40 days over 4200 artworks were received. The works were sent by
artists from 88 countries across the globe among which the number of
works sent by Iranian artists is considerable. The contest’s
secretariat declared that Turkey, China, India, Indonesia, Brazil,
Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine are in the next rank after Iran taking the
number of the received artworks into account.