Subject: Financial Aid and Scholarships
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18321      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 88506 

Financial Aid and Scholarships 

SUMS Funds & Scholarships 
This page contains some information about SUMS financial aids &
scholarships! 

SUMS Financial Aid & Scholarships for Undergraduate Programs 

(applicable for students admitted in 2025)

The first-year scholarship: Approved by the International Education
Council, SUMS admission committee awards a maximum of 15% discount for
the prospective international students on their first-year tuition fees
(IEC approval is necessary for the scholarships to be awarded for each
prospective student).

The annual scholarships from the second year: In order to help
international students pursue their education, Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants
demonstrating outstanding educational skills, academic achievements,
and good moral characters. All international students are eligible to
apply for these scholarships.

 

Type

Description

(Scholarship Covers)

Semesters Involved in CGPA Calculation

Type B1

25% tuition fee

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B2

20% tuition fee

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B3

15% tuition fee

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B4

10% tuition fee

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B5

5% tuition fee

2 semesters prior to the application

Family scholarships: According to the latest decision made by the IEC,
SUMS Family Scholarships are made available for members of a same
family who are attending SUMS programs. Each member is eligible to
receive an additional 5% scholarship per year, in addition to their
regular financial aid offer. This scholarship is renewable each year as
long as at least two members of the same family are attending SUMS
programs. This nonretroactive rule is applicable for all eligible
students from September 2022.

*	Students should be aware that none of SUMS scholarships cover
other expenses such as items of clothing, books, stationaries, food,
dining out, etc. University provides fully-furnished dormitories for
single undergraduate students. These dorms are free of charge for
single students as long as they are enrolled fulltime in their
respective programs. 
*	Students must pay for health insurance on a yearly basis, and
it is mandatory for all international students to have health
insurance. The cost of health insurance for academic year 2024-2025 is
100.00 U.S.D. 

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS Tuition Fees and Expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18320/Tuition--Fees-and-Expenses> 

SUMS Housing and Accomodation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations> 

SUMS Health Insurance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18364/Healthcare-Insurance->