Subject: Health Tourism
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18341      Publish Date : Thursday, July 30, 2015 Visit : 13272 

Health Tourism 

Health Tourism 
 Health Tourism	              Health Tourism

 

For more than 60 years, Shiraz has been renowned as the hub of health
tourism in southern Iran. Shiraz has been receiving thousands of
foreign patients, each year, especially from the Arab countries lying
on the shores of the Persian Gulf.  Having tens of equipped university,
charity, and private specialty and subspecialty hospitals, this city
provides a vast range of medical services through experienced and
skillful doctors. The following are some special medical services
offered to the patients in Shiraz:

*	Organ Transplantation: Including liver, renal, pancreas, and
bone marrow transplants
*	Cerebral Vascular Angioplasty
*	Hepatic Artery Angioplasty
*	Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for various cancers
*	Eye Surgery
*	Slimming Services and Skin and Cosmetic Surgery
*	Cardiovascular Surgery
*	Hip and knee orthopedics and Arthroplasty.
*	Infertility Treatment through Assisted reproductive
technologies (ART) such as in vitro-fertilization (IVF).

All hospitals in Shiraz are under close supervision of Shiraz
University of Medial Sciences and Shiraz Medical Council. Foreign
patients coming to Shiraz hospitals can refer to one of these
organizations to get informed about their legal rights.

Head of Health Tourism at the Office of Vice-Chancellor for Treatment
is responsible for required coordination as well as developing the
mechanisms relevant to health tourism at Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences.

  _____  

Useful Links: 

MOUs and Contracts
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18643/MOUs-and-Contracts> 

Visiting Professor Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program> 

Collaboration with Non-resident Iranian Elites
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18647/Collaboration-with-Non-resident-Ir
anian-Elites> 

International Joint Workshops
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18649/International-Joint-Workshops> 

Staff with Notable International Engagement
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18714/Staff-with-Notable-International-E
ngagement> 

SUMS Notable Alumni
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18486/Notable-Alumni> 

Contact International Relations Team
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18646/Contact-International-Relations-Te
am> 

Cooperation Request Form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/formadd/18641/Cooperation-Request-Form> 

SUMS Ranking Report
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18642/Ranking-Report>