Subject: Grants and Opportunities
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18645      Publish Date : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 Visit :
9093 

Grants and Opportunities 

Grants and Opportunities 

Grants and Opportunities

Grants and Scholarships, Bursaries, Financial Support

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation 

Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

As an association of higher education institutions and their affiliated
student bodies in Germany, DAAD provides funding and support to
students and researchers worldwide, making it one of the most prominent
funding organizations of its kind around the globe. A wide array of
scholarships and research grants are offered annually, with the
scholarships being primarily targeted at graduates, doctoral students
and postdoc fellows. In some programs, internships are funded as well.

DAAD scholarships are awarded for study and research visits to German
universities and research institutions. They usually include a monthly
scholarship payment, plus a flat-rate travel allowance. Depending on
the offered scholarship program, additional benefits may also be
granted, including a one-off research allowance, family benefits or
funds for German language courses.

Grants and scholarships are extensively listed in the “scholarship
database” available on DAAD website. Potential candidates are advised
to carefully review the call for applications for their chosen
scholarship program in that database, paying particular attention to
application deadlines.

The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation 

Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859) was a German explorer, universal
scholar, cosmopolitan patron of excellence and talent. In his honor and
inspired by his example, The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation was
established in 1953 as an international network of academic cooperation.

The Alexander von Humboldt sponsors German scholars and international
academics as part of a foreign cultural and educational policy. The von
Humboldt Foundation attempts to strengthen cutting-edge research
through internationalization and advance development through academic
cooperation. For these purposes, von Humboldt awards more than 700
hundred research fellowships annually. What makes von Humboldt an
outstanding foundation is that:

*	Its sole selection criterion is academic excellence
*	There are no quotas for countries or disciplines
*	It sponsors people and not projects
*	Academics have free choice of their academic hosts
*	Academics can conduct independent scientific research not
stipulated by the foundation
*	There is no deadline to apply at the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation

The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation invites international young and
experienced researchers to find their academic host in all the
universities, Leibniz Institutes, Max Planck Institutes, Helmholtz
Centers and Fraunhofer Institutes located in Germany.

Humboldt Research Fellowship

 

Experienced researchers

Postdoctoral researchers

Duration of Sponsorship

6 to 18 months, may be divided up into 3 stays

6 to 24 months

Application Period

Applications accepted at any time

Doctorates completed less than 12 years ago

Application at anytime

Doctorates completed less than 4 years ago

Fellowship Amount

3,170 Euros per month

(plus additional benefits)

2,670 Euros per month

(plus additional benefits)

 

Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship

To develop academic collaboration with scholars from all around the
world, the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and
Innovation (SERI) awards eligible candidates with scholarships under
the title of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship
is awarded to those who intend to do their PhD, those who are willing
to spend a one-year research fellowship or those who want to take on a
post-doctoral position in one of the Swiss universities.  This
scholarship is announced annually in early August. Submission deadlines
vary according to candidates’ country of origin. More information is
available on the website of the Swiss State Secretariat for Education,
Research and Education and the Leading House South Asia and Iran at
University of Zurich.

Following is an overview of the application process for Swiss
Government Excellence Scholarship:

 

  _____  

Useful Links: 

MOUs and Contracts
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18643/MOUs-and-Contracts> 

Visiting Professor Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program> 

Collaboration with Non-resident Iranian Elites
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18647/Collaboration-with-Non-resident-Ir
anian-Elites> 

International Joint Workshops
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18649/International-Joint-Workshops> 

Staff with Notable International Engagement
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18714/Staff-with-Notable-International-E
ngagement> 

SUMS Notable Alumni
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18486/Notable-Alumni> 

Contact International Relations Team
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18646/Contact-International-Relations-Te
am> 

Cooperation Request Form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/formadd/18641/Cooperation-Request-Form> 

SUMS Ranking Report
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18642/Ranking-Report> 

Health Tourism <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18341/Health-Tourism>