Subject: Contact International Relations Team
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18646      Publish Date : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 Visit :
11645 

Contact International Relations Team 

Contact International Relations Team 

Directorate of International Relations, Accreditation and Ranking

SUMS Office of the Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA) is entrusted with formulating the
University’s internationalization policies, recruiting international
students, expanding transnational academic relations and ensuring
adherence to global higher education standards. The Office is comprised
of three directorates: International Education Program (IEP),
International Relations, Accreditation and Ranking, and International
Networking and Marketing. They operate in concert under the guidance of
the Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs  to
support his leadership role.

Serving as SUMS primary point of contact with overseas individuals and
entities, GSIA’s Directorate of International Relations, Accreditation
and Ranking endeavors to enhance the University’s global presence by
fostering closer ties with partners and institutions worldwide. To this
end, the Directorate is mandated with a variety of responsibilities
including:

*	Establishing partnerships with national and international
higher education institutions
*	Developing memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and agreements
with national and international universities
*	Ensuring the efficient implementation of signed agreements
*	Networking and liaising with overseas tertiary education
institutions, research centers and accreditation bodies
*	Facilitating the admission of visiting academics and scholars,
and promoting academic exchanges between SUMS faculty members and
international academia
*	Coordinating international congresses, conferences, symposia,
workshops, seminars and webinars
*	Cultivating collaborations and partnerships with distinguished
Iranian professionals residing abroad
*	Identifying and publicizing new funding opportunities, grants,
scholarships and fellowships
*	Establishing joint degree programs as well as student and staff
exchange initiatives
*	Monitoring and providing reports on SUMS standing in global
university ranking systems

International Relations Team 

Mehdi Pasalar, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D.,

Director for International Relations, Accreditation and Ranking

 E-mail: [email-masked]

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 28 82

Fax: (+98 71) 32 35 69 96

Cooperation Request Form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/form/18641/Cooperation-Request-Form> 

 

  _____  

Useful Links:

MOUs and Contracts
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18643/MOUs-and-Contracts> 

Visiting Professor Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program> 

Collaboration with Non-resident Iranian Elites
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18647/Collaboration-with-Non-resident-Ir
anian-Elites> 

International Joint Workshops
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18649/International-Joint-Workshops> 

Staff with Notable International Engagement
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18714/Staff-with-Notable-International-E
ngagement> 

SUMS Notable Alumni
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18486/Notable-Alumni> 

Cooperation Request Form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/formadd/18641/Cooperation-Request-Form> 

SUMS Ranking Report
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18642/Ranking-Report> 

Health Tourism <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18341/Health-Tourism>