Subject: Research Equipment
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18654      Publish Date : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 Visit :
11781 

Research Equipment 

Central Research Laboratory of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 
Central Research Laboratory of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 

Central Research Laboratory of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

 

In accordance with the macro policies of Iran’s Ministry of Health and
Medical Education, the “Central Research Laboratory” of Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) was established in 2008 at the
University’s School of Medicine. Today, the laboratory provides
students, faculties and researchers with advanced systems and
technologies with the purpose of developing a network approach towards
research-based laboratory activities at SUMS and its affiliated
research centers.

The Laboratory offers research and consulting services to all academic
and research centers within and outside the University. In addition,
arrangements can be made for orientation visits geared towards
familiarizing students and faculty members with the equipment and
activities in the laboratory.

A principal endeavor in this unit has been to procure advanced and
up-to-date laboratory equipment and systems through reputable domestic
and international enterprises. Listed below are some of the machines
and equipment used in Central Research Laboratory:

*	Denaturing High Performance Liquid Chromatography (DHPLC)
*	Microplate Readers
*	High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC)
*	Simultaneous Thermal Analysis (STA)
*	Elemental Analysis (CHNS-O)
*	High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
*	Flow Cytometry
*	Cell Sorter
*	Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC MS/MS)
*	Polymerase Chain Reaction Thermo Cyclers (PCR)
*	Real Time PCR Machines
*	Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
*	Fluorescence Microscope
*	Small Animal Imaging
*	Freeze Drier
*	Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
*	Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
*	Spetrophotometer UV/VIS & Fluorescence
*	Fluorescence Microscope
*	Genetic Analyzer
*	New Generation Sequencer
*	Cell Culture Facilities
*	Clean Room and GMP Grade Facilities

  _____  

Useful Links: 

Research at SUMS
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18719/Research-at-SUMS> 

SUMS Research Centers and Institutes
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers> 

SUMS Journals at a Glance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18653/SUMS-Journals-at-a-Glance> 

SUMS Digital Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

SUMS Traditional Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18625/Traditional-Libraries>