Subject: Research at SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18719      Publish Date : Monday, July 13, 2020 Visit : 10557 

Research at SUMS 

Research at SUMS 
Research at SUMS 

Research at SUMS

 

It is believed that every society’s development and academic
advancements are grounded in research activities. In other words, there
is a positive correlation between a society’s advancement and the
quality and the quantity of its research output. Conducting research
has always been a substantial factor to improve different sectors of a
society. Moreover, many of the key challenges, unprecedented demands,
and opportunities of our era require unconventional cooperation between
the public and private sectors including the industry and education
system. In Iran, research initiatives begin with the endeavors of
university researchers and faculty. Thus, university-structured
research and technology have always been considered one of the major
and primary sources of research in the Country. This has strongly
promoted the quality of Iran’s research output in recent years in a way
that Iran has become a strong competitor for the world universities in
research and technology. Iran’s share of world’s top 1% papers in
recent years have been very significant.

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), as one of the pioneers in
the realms of education and research, has had a significant role in
conducting quality research and has been rated as one of the top 5
medical universities in the field of research and technology in Iran.
Supporting quality and applied research has been counted as the most
important long-term policies of the University. As it is recorded and
reported by different scientometrics, SUMS research and technology have
shown a significant growth in recent years.

SUMS synthesizes research in a plethora of fields across medicine and
related sciences. Research at SUMS is done in its 18 Schools, 63
Research Centers (54 of which are approved and 9 primarily approved,
among these, 23 centers are located at Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH)
Research Tower
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18731/Mohammad-Rasoolullah--PBUH--Resear
ch-Tower> ), 6 Research Incubators and some of its affiliated
hospitals. The diverse range of research projects at SUMS has
positively affected SUMS academic advancement, quality of teaching, and
training. SUMS community members consider research a part of their
academic duty and they have been consistently contributing to promoting
research at the University.

SUMS research platform ambitions to become a global forum making
transformative contributions to producing practical solutions to
quandaries and global health issues. As one of the leading universities
in research, SUMS declares its willingness to conduct joint research
projects at national and international levels.

Follow this link
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers>  to view a
comprehensive list of research centers at SUMS.

  _____  

Useful Links: 

SUMS Research Centers and Institutes
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers> 

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18731/Mohammad-Rasoolullah--PBUH--Resear
ch-Tower> 

SUMS Research Equipment
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18654/Research-Equipment> 

SUMS Journals at a Glance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18653/SUMS-Journals-at-a-Glance> 

SUMS Digital Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

SUMS Traditional Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18625/Traditional-Libraries>