Subject: Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18731      Publish Date : Sunday, August 16, 2020 Visit : 11468 

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower 

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower 
Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower 

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower

Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower is the central research
complex of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18627/About-SUMS>  which is aimed at
promoting and benefitting research activities
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18719/Research-at-SUMS>  at SUMS and
other universities and research centers
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers>  across
Iran. The construction of the tower, which is currently the location of
23 different research centers
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers> , Cancer
Central Laboratory and Registration Center, RCC Research Empowerment
Center, Comprehensive Stem Cell Center and Regenerative Medicine
Institute, Research and Statistics Consulting Center, Basic Medical
Science Research Center
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers> , and
Clinical Research Center, commenced in 2005.

Vision

Objectives and visions of the strategic research development plan of
the complex include:

*	Leading an effective role in conducting novel and innovative
research projects
*	Consolidating SUMS position as an effective international
institution in science, technology, research, and education
*	Institutionalizing the practice of collaborative research
*	Internalizing the values of scholarship in teaching, learning,
and practice
*	Supporting joint research projects with eminent national and
international research and science institutions
*	Promoting social health in the Country
*	Building a culture of Excellence

Mission

*	Integrating all SUMS affiliated laboratories and research
centers in one place
*	Collective and shared use of resources and equipment by
research centers
*	Leveraging available key resources
*	Locating the administration office and research centers in the
same building
*	Facilitating collaborative and cooperative research activities
among research centers and laboratories 
*	Saving costs including, but not limited to, human resources,
equipment, and maintenance
*	Generating solutions to the problems of SUMS research centers
*	Converging basic and clinical sciences to meet the needs of
patients
*	Developing the clinical practice of stem cells and practical
use of its related technology
*	Fostering the attraction of funds
*	Equitably appropriating funds to research centers and
supervising the distribution of finances to their research enterprises
*	Training future researchers in basic and clinical research
*	Creating synergy between SUMS researchers and practitioners
*	Improving on the quality of research
*	Reinforcing collaboration among SUMS researchers
*	Providing necessary equipment and facilities demanded for high
performance
*	Supporting interdisciplinary research
*	Supervising, inspecting, and evaluating all research activities
carried out at all 68 research centers of SUMS
*	Assisting in the administration, organization, and program
planning of research centers
*	Ensuring greater coordination between research centers and SUMS
administration units
*	Formulating and implementing infection prevention and control
rules and occupational safety and health regulations
*	Organizing Educational workshops
*	Holding consultations about scientific and research projects
with SUMS research centers

Research Centers at Mohammad Rasoolullah (PBUH) Research Tower

1.	Nutrition & Nutritional Sciences Research Center     
2.	Research Center for Qur’an, Hadith & Medicine         
3.	Nanobiology Research Center
4.	Clinical Neurology Research Center
5.	Geriatric Research Center
6.	Maternal-Fetal Medicine Research Center
7.	Neonatal Research Center
8.	Medical Imaging Research Center
9.	Anesthesiology & Critical Care Research Center
10.	Infertility Research Center 
11.	Stem Cell Technology Research Center
12.	Cardiovascular Research Center
13.	Allergy Research Center
14.	Gastroenterohepatology Research Center
15.	Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Center
16.	Transplant Research Center
17.	Hematology Research Center
18.	Colorectal Research Center
19.	Neurosciences Research Center            
20.	Nephro-Urology Research Center
21.	Clinical Microbiology Research Center
22.	Research Center for Biophilosophy & Healthy Lifestyle 
23.	Non-communicable Disease Research Center

  _____  

Useful Links:

Research Equipment in the Central Laboratory of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18654/Research-Equipment> 

SUMS Journals at a Glance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18653/SUMS-Journals-at-a-Glance> 

SUMS Digital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

SUMS Traditional Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18625/Traditional-Libraries>