Subject: Gholam Hossain Shahcheraghi
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18750      Publish Date : Monday, July 6, 2020 Visit : 3529 

Gholam Hossain Shahcheraghi 

Gholam Hossain Shahcheraghi 

 

	 Gholam Hossain Shahcheraghi

Professor of Orthopedics 

Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine 

Bone and Joint Disease Research Center

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 

E-mail: [email-masked]

 	  	 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Biography

Gholam Hossain Shahcheraghi is a Professor of Orthopedics at Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) and actively contributes to SUMS
Bone and Joint Disease Research Center. Dr. Shahcheraghi successfully
finished his Doctorate of Medicine at SUMS, former “Pahlavi University”
during 1969-1975. Shortly after, he migrated to New York to do his
residency in Surgery (PGY 1, PGY 2) at University of Rochester.
Afterwards, in 1982 he joined Queen’s University, Canada which
qualified him to become a Canadian Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon.
In addition to all above mentioned qualifications, Dr. Shahcheraghi has
undertaken 4 different fellowships including Sport Injuries, Foot and
Ankle Reconstruction, Arthropasty-Revision and Primary Arthroplasty,
Pediatric Orthopedics and Arthroscopy and Spine all at the University
of Toronto, Canada. Dr. Shahcheraghi has practiced and is currently
practicing Orthopedic Surgery in Canada. He is also an active member of
Royal College of Surgeons in Canada and his maintenance of
practice-excellence has been regularly updated.

 

Significant International Collaborations 

Total Number of Publications: 41

 

International Association Memberships: 

Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons

Member of College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

Reviewer for Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics

Member and Reviewer for Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America
(POSNA)

Member of European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPUS)

Member of Turkish Orthopedic Society

Member of American Foot and Ankle Society

Delegate on International Consensus Meeting (ICM Philly)

Delegate on American Orthopedics Association (AOA)

Delegate on Asia Pacific Orthopedic Association

European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS)

Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA)—Alliance member

Member of Sickle Children Toronto Salter Society

Sunnybrook Orthopedics Club, Canada

Honors and Achievements

*	President of Iranian Orthopedics Association, Fars Division,
2013-2018
*	Vice-President of Iranian Orthopedics Association, 2009-2014
*	President of Iranian Orthopedics Association, 2004-2009
*	Examiner of Iranian Orthopedics Board, 1988-2020

 

Useful Links: 

Staff with Notable International Engagement
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18714/Staff-with-Notable-International-E
ngagement> 

SUMS Notable Alumni
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18486/Notable-Alumni> 

SUMS Visiting Professor Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program>