Subject: Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18803      Publish Date : Saturday, October 30, 2021 Visit :
6349 

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library 

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library 

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library

 

Established in 1949, the Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library is the
primary library of SUMS, located at the School of Medicine. It boasts a
collection of over 28,000 physical books and thesis dissertations, as
well as 1,074 e-books and educational CDs. The library is dedicated to
meeting the educational and research needs of the university community
and is committed to adapting to evolving demands.

In keeping with the changing landscape of education and research, the
library provides access to a wide range of digital journals and online
databases through its portal. Additionally, required materials can be
purchased in electronic or print formats, and book return boxes are
conveniently located within and outside of working hours. The library's
staff is also available to offer various services, including reference
assistance, library tours, readers’ advisory, and technology support.

Spanning 1,750 square meters across 4.5 floors, the library offers
silent reading areas equipped with carrels, comfortable seating,
technology-free zones, and large reading rooms. These reading rooms are
open from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm, and operate 24/7 during mid-term and
final examination dates, accommodating up to 400 individuals.

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	1454 book titles in Persian (3040 volumes)
*	5182 book titles in English (11204 volumes)
*	14131 thesis dissertations
*	701 e-books and educational CDs
*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online database <https://diglib.sums.ac.ir/> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Opening Hours 

Technical services and publications:

Sunday – Thursday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm

Circulation and reserve services, information counseling:

Sunday – Thursday: 7:30 am - 4:45 pm

Reading Rooms:

Open every day 7:30 am to 10:00 pm

Women's Reading Room: Fourth floor

Men's Reading Room: Fifth floor

Internet Center:

7:45 am to 6:00 pm

Sections and Services

Technical Services:

*	Orders
*	Cataloguing

Public Services:

*	Circulation Desk and Information Services Desk
*	Office Affairs
*	Dissertations
*	Computer Lab 1
*	Computer Lab 2

Internet Center:

*	Men’s Unit
*	Women’s Unit

Address

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library

SUMS School of Medicine, Zand Blvd.

Shiraz, Iran

Postal Code: 71348-45794

Email: [email-masked]

  _____  

Useful Links:

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Ibn-e-Sina Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18817/Ibn-e-Sina-Library> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->