Subject: Avicenna Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18809      Publish Date : Sunday, October 31, 2021 Visit : 5860 

Avicenna Library 

Avicenna Library 

Avicenna Library

Avicenna Library

Avicenna Library is dedicated to providing essential scientific
resources in keeping with the overall vision, mission and programs of
SUMS School of Health
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/contact/18388/School-of-Health> . Its
services are tailored to ensure the continuous acquisition,
preservation, retrieval, and dissemination of healthcare-related
knowledge. To this end, the materials are grouped into eight categories
consistent with the academic programs of the School, namely Videlicet,
Epidemiology, Nutrition, Occupational Health, Environmental Health,
Public Health, Health Education, and Aging and Medical Entomology. The
library's collection spans a wide range of subjects, including
epidemiology, nutrition sciences, occupational health, environmental
health, public health, health education and promotion, aging health,
gerontology, and medical entomology.

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	6634 book titles in Persian (10392 volumes)
*	3012 book titles in English (3752 volumes)
*	1052 thesis dissertations 

	*	1042 in Persian
	*	10 in English

*	240 reference book titles (300 volumes) 

	*	155 titles in Persian (180 volumes)
	*	85 titles in English (120 volumes)

*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Spaces

*	1 common study area
*	45 seats
*	21 tables (seven 4-6 seat and 15 single-seat tables)
*	2 computer labs (1 dedicated to undergraduate students and 1 to
graduate ones)
*	3 computer systems for searching the library’s collections

Opening Hours

Saturday – Wednesday 7:30 am – 15:30 pm

Address

School of Health, Avicenna Library

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

Razi Ave., Shiraz, Iran

P.O. Box: 71645-111

Website:
https://schealthen.sums.ac.ir/page-SchealthEN/en/255/form/pId32937

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.: +98(713) 7251001 - 284

Fax: +98(713) 7276585

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Ibn-e-Sina Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18817/Ibn-e-Sina-Library> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->