Subject: Dr. Gharib Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18811      Publish Date : Sunday, October 31, 2021 Visit : 6463 

Dr. Gharib Library 

Dr. Gharib Library 

Dr. Gharib Library

Situated within the premises of SUMS Namazi Hospital
<https://namazi.sums.ac.ir> , Dr. Gharib Library started its activities
simultaneously with the establishment of the hospital. In its early
years, the library featured a collection primarily focused on fiction
materials, catering to the needs of the hospital's staff, patients, and
caregivers. Presently occupying an expanse of 600 square meters on the
hospital's first floor, Dr. Gharib Library operates ceaselessly to
serve the institution's physicians, residents, interns, and clinical
trainees.

Access to the library's services is extended to the administrative
personnel and nurses upon official referral. The library's extensive
resources encompass a broad spectrum of medical disciplines. In
instances where articles are unavailable, they can be procured upon
request, with electronic versions promptly dispatched to users' email
addresses. Moreover, to enhance users' proficiency in navigating
diverse databases, the library conducts a series of year-round
workshops, facilitating the acquisition of proper search methodologies. 

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	705 book titles in Persian (1141 volumes)
*	2900 book titles in English (3822 volumes)
*	104  reference titles in English
*	722 e-book titles (868 volumes)
*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Staff

3 full-time employees

Spaces

*	2 gender-specific reading rooms (a 200-square-meter room for
male students and a 100-square-meter room for female students)
*	1 common study area (300 square meters)
*	122 seats
*	111 tables
*	1 computer lab with 9 computer suites

Opening Hours

Saturday – Thursday 7:00 am – 08:00 pm

Address

Namazi Hospital, Dr. Gharib Library

Namazi Sq., Zand Blvd.

Shiraz, Iran

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.:     +98(713) 6473052

+98(713) 6125673

 

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Ibn-e-Sina Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18817/Ibn-e-Sina-Library> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->