Subject: Daneshjoo Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18812      Publish Date : Sunday, October 31, 2021 Visit : 7619 

Daneshjoo Library 

Daneshjoo Library 

Daneshjoo Library

 

Daneshjoo Library, situated within the confines of SUMS Faghihi
Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18710/Shahid-Faghihi-Hospital--AKA-Sa-ad
i-Hospital-> , was established on September 23, 1991. The library
caters to a wide-ranging clientele comprising staff, faculty,
researchers, and students by granting access to a vast array of premier
resources. It regularly updates its collection of electronic materials
to remain abreast of the users' requirements. Moreover, the library
staff not only help users in navigating scholarly articles within the
accessible databases but also provide personalized guidance, be it in
one-on-one sessions or in small groups. A diverse range of workshops
are annually organized to address users’ information needs and enhance
their searching skills.

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	
	1997 titles in Persian (2956 volumes)
*	
	1454 titles in English (2248 volumes)   
*	
	77 reference books

	*	
		27 volumes in Persian
	*	
		50 volumes in English  

*	
	1903 e-book titles (1911 volumes)
*	
	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	
	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	
	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Staff

2 full-time employees

Spaces

*	
	2 gender-specific reading rooms
*	
	50 seats
*	
	21 tables
*	
	1 conference hall with 70 seats
*	
	1 computer lab with 6 computer suites

Opening Hours

Saturday – Wednesday 7:30 am – 8:00 pm

Thursday    7:30 am – 1:00 pm

Address

Daneshjoo Library, Faghihi Hospital,

Zand Blvd., Shiraz, Iran

Postal Code: 71348-46114

Website: https://faghihi.sums.ac.ir/

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.: +98(713) 2125319

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Ibn-e-Sina Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18817/Ibn-e-Sina-Library> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->