Subject: Shahid Dastgheib Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18813      Publish Date : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 Visit : 6662 

Shahid Dastgheib Library 

Shahid Dastgheib Library 

Shahid Dastgheib Library

 

On July 23, 1991, Shahid Dastgheib Hospital opened a small library
spanning a 15-square-meter area, initially stocked with a meager
collection of 20 volumes in Persian and 10 in English. This preliminary
facility laid the foundation for the establishment of the Hospital’s
special library, now located on the first floor, spanning a space of 80
square meters. The library’s resources are organized in accordance with
the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the Library of Congress
Classification (LCC) system. Its operations are supported by web-based
Integrated Library System (ILS) utilizing the Koha library software.

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	1586 book titles in Persian (1896 volumes)
*	1282 book titles in English (1443 volumes)
*	87 reference resources
*	 57 volumes in Persian
*	 30 volumes in English
*	808 e-book titles (839 volumes)
*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	31 educational multimedia resources

Staff

2 full-time employees

Spaces

*	1 common study area
*	10  seats
*	9 tables 
*	1 computer lab with 2 internet accessed computer suites
*	1 conference hall equipped with 1 video projector, 1 computer
suite, and 1 amplifier

Opening Hours

Saturday – Wednesday 7:30 am – 2:00 pm

Thursday    7:30 am – 1:00 pm

Address

Shahid Dastgheib Hospital,

Hafez St., Adjacent to Melli Garden

Shiraz, Iran

Postal Code: 71456-83769

Website: https://dastgheib.sums.ac.ir/Library

Email: [email-masked]

  Tel.: +98(71) 32298093

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Ibn-e-Sina Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18817/Ibn-e-Sina-Library> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->