Subject: Hafez Hospital Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18816      Publish Date : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 Visit :
6523 

Hafez Hospital Library 

Hafez Hospital Library 

Hafez Hospital Library

 

Alongside the establishment of Hafez Hospital in 1963, a specific area
was allocated for the Hospital’s  specialized library. SUMS School of
Nursing was initially housed in the hospital’s building No. 3, where
the library was set up to cater to the school's educational needs.
Later, with the opening of SUMS Psychology Institute at the hospital,
the library expanded to include resources on psychology and allied
fields.

Currently, the library maintains collections on rheumatology,
gynecology, and obstetrics in addition to the aforementioned subject
areas. Spanning an area of 70 square meters, Hafez Hospital Library
features distinct collections, a circulation desk, computer facilities,
and a comfortable reading space.

Facts and Figures

Collections

*	3038 book titles in Persian (4171 volumes)
*	1195 book titles in English (1738 volumes)
*	86  thesis dissertations 

	*	80 in Persian
	*	6 in English

*	30 reference resources 

	*	20 volumes in Persian
	*	10 volumes in English  

*	126 e-book titles (129 volumes)
*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Staff

1 full-time employee

Spaces

*	11 (carrels) seats
*	7 tables (desks)
*	1 computer lab with 3 internet accessed computer suites

Opening Hours

Saturday – Wednesday 7:30 am – 2:00 pm

Thursday    7:30 am – 1:00 pm

Address

Hafez Hospital Library

Shahid Chamran Blvd.

Shiraz, Iran

Postal Code: 71946-34786

Website: https://hafez.sums.ac.ir <https://hafez.sums.ac.ir/> 

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.: +98(71) 36479531 (Ext. 289)

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->