Subject: Collaboration and Partnership
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18831      Publish Date : Monday, January 24, 2022 Visit : 6094 

Collaboration and Partnership 

Collaboration and Partnership 

Collaboration and Partnership

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Collaboration and Partnership

Ranking among the most prestigious medical universities in Iran, Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) is committed to expanding
international collaborations in research, education and healthcare
delivery. With over 900 faculty members, 18 schools, 55 research
centers and 14 university hospitals, SUMS provides a unique environment
for advancing joint initiatives in medical education and research.
Following are a number of potential areas for academic collaboration
and partnership.

Visiting Professor Program

The Visiting Professor Program serves to facilitate the University's
engagement with distinguished scientists and academics who are willing
to deliver lectures or conduct research at SUMS affiliated schools and
Research Centers
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18719/Research-at-SUMS> . The program
provides the necessary financial support and accommodation for incoming
scholars. Learn more
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program> 

MOUs and Contracts

In the spirit of fostering academic partnerships and collaborations,
SUMS proposes bilateral or multilateral agreements and contracts with
other higher education institutions across the globe. The areas to be
covered may include but are not limited to exchange programs, joint
degree programs, joint research, joint events etc. Framework agreements
can be formulated in the form of non-binding agreements or legally
enforceable contracts. Learn more
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18643/MOUs-and-Contracts> 

Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus Plus Projects

In line with its efforts to promote academic cooperation and knowledge
exchange on a global level, SUMS declares its willingness to engage in
partnership with overseas universities in joint projects funded under
Erasmus Mundus, Erasmus Plus and other internationally recognized
programs.

 

Student Exchange Programs

To promote cultural diversity and global perspectives among its
students, SUMS develops student exchange programs with partner
institutions worldwide. It establishes partnerships based on academic
compatibility, language proficiency requirements, and available
resources for supporting incoming and outgoing students. 

Scientific Events

SUMS Directorate for International Relations organizes joint events
including workshops, seminars, webinars, conferences and journal club
sessions. These events provide platforms for knowledge sharing, and
encourage the establishment of scientific networks among faculty
members and researchers from different institutions. Learn more
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18733/Webinars-and-Live-Events> 

Non-Resident Iranian Elites Program

Pursuant to an agreement between SUMS and International Affairs and
Technological Exchange Center (Iranian Vice-President’s Office for
Science and Technology), SUMS has been designated as one of the
institutions to host non-resident Iranian experts and entrepreneurs.
Collaborations can take the form of lectures, workshops, joint
research, postdoc fellowships and visiting professorships. The
University provides the incoming academics and researchers with the
necessary financial and technical assistance. Learn more
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18647/Collaboration-with-Non-resident-Ir
anian-Elites> 

Eram Garden,Shiraz

 	 Non-Degree Programs

Our schools offer a multitude of non-degree programs geared towards
extending learning in core courses and enriching student experience in
health related fields. These programs range from medical electives and
short-term training courses to summer programs and fellowship. The
University also welcomes joint projects aimed at exchanging non-degree
seeking applicants with overseas institutions. Learn more
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18630/Visiting-Specialty-and-Subspecialt
y--Residency--Elective-Programs> 

Research Collaborations

Housing an extensive research infrastructure, SUMS actively seeks
research collaborations with other academic institutions, industry
partners, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Through
these collaborations, our research community strives to tackle complex
healthcare challenges by leveraging collective expertise of all
involved parties.

Joint Supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. Theses

SUMS occasionally receives requests from domestic and international
students for joint supervision of master's or doctoral theses. This
allows students to conduct their research under the supervision of
faculties from the graduate schools of two or more universities. Such
interactions contribute to knowledge exchange and lay the path for the
expansion of international academic collaborations.

Capacity Building Projects

These projects encompass a wide range of activities tailored towards
improving skills, knowledge and competencies on individual and
organizational levels. SUMS has already engaged in a number of capacity
development projects focusing on knowledge transfer and technical
assistance to the regional universities and health centers. The
University welcomes collaborative projects aimed at promoting knowledge
exchange, empowering academic communities and addressing regional or
global health care challenges.

Contact Us

For further assessment of collaboration and partnership opportunities,
you may reach our international relations team via the following
contact details:

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 28 82

Fax: (+98 71) 32 35 69 96