Subject: Dr. Kamran Hessami
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18832      Publish Date : Monday, June 15, 2020 Visit : 2703 

Dr. Kamran Hessami 

Dr. Kamran Hessami 

	 Dr. Kamran Hessami  

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology

Baylor College of Medicine

Houston, Texas, United States

E-mail Address: [email-masked] and [email-masked]

Phone: +1 832-3438688

Address: 6651 Main Street, Suite F1020, Houston, Texas, United States

CV

Biography 

Kamran Hessami, M.D. is a focused, dedicated, and diligent clinician
and researcher with a proven track record in the clinical research in
Obstetrics and Gynecology. He finished his medical school and graduated
as top 1% student from Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) in
2020. He served as senior research associate in SUMS Maternal-Fetal
Medicine Research Center during the final two years of his
undergraduate studies (2019-2021). In 2021, he came to the United
States as a graduate postdoctoral research fellow working at Baylor
College of Medicine. In addition to postdoctoral fellowship, he holds
numerous editorial and reviewer roles in scientific journals.

Dr. Hessami’s clinical interests include (1) research on clinical
topics such as high-risk pregnancies, placental disorders, development
from prenatal to early childhood period, epidemiology in obstetrics and
gynecology and (2) research on ethical topics such as barriers to
women’s health, disparities in healthcare for women (racial and ethnic)
and health equality in low- and middle-income countries.

Research Priorities:

*	Ethics in Obstetrics and Gynecology
*	Maternal-Fetal Medicine
*	Clinics in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Previous academic collaborations with SUMS:

Two years of research in Maternal-Fetal Medicine Research Center, Hafez
Hospital, Shiraz, Iran, which resulted in more than 25 published
research projects. It is worth noting that Dr. Hessami’s special report
on maternal mental health during COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most
cited publications in the history of this research center. 
Number and the duration of previous visits to SUMS:

2019-2021: Two years of direct (in person) collaboration

2021-Present: Once (two weeks)