Subject: Financial Aid and Scholarships_test
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18854      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 6641 

Financial Aid and Scholarships_test 

SUMS Funds & Scholarships 
This page contains some information about SUMS financial aids &
scholarships! 

SUMS Financial Aid & Scholarships for Undergraduate Programs 

(applicable for students admitted in 2022)

The first-year scholarship: The newly admitted international students
for undergraduate programs are awarded a maximum of 25% discount
according to their performance in 12th grade of high school, applying
through SUMS official agencies, and on-time payments (IEC approval is
necessary for the scholarships to be awarded for each prospective
student).

The annual scholarships from the second year: In order to help
international students to pursue their education, Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants
demonstrating outstanding educational skills, academic achievements and
good moral characters. All international students are eligible to apply
for these scholarships and scholarship winners get notification of
their awards via email, which includes one of the following
scholarships:

Type

Description

(Scholarship Covers)

Semesters Involved in CGPA Calculation

Full Type B

50% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B1

40% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B2

30% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B3

20% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B4

10% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Full Type C

0% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C1

0% tuition fee-90% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C2

0% tuition fee-80% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C3

0% tuition fee-70% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

 

 The following scholarship table will be applied for the Clinical
Phases (if the undergraduate program includes Clinical Phase):

Type

Description

(Scholarship Covers)

Semesters Involved in CGPA Calculation

Full Type B

50% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B1

35% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B2

25% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B3

15% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type B4

5% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Full Type C

0% tuition fee-100% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C1

0% tuition fee-85% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C2

0% tuition fee-70% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

Type C3

0% tuition fee-55% other expenses

2 semesters prior to the application

 

*	In addition to the life expenses pointed out in the table of
expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18853/Tuition--Fees-and-Expenses> ,
students should be aware that other life expenses (including items of
clothing, books, stationaries, food, dining out, etc.) for a single
student is approximately between 200 to 300 U.S.D a month. None of SUMS
scholarships cover such expenses.

*	Students must pay for Health insurance on a yearly basis and it
is mandatory for all international students to have health insurance.
The cost of health insurance for academic year 2022-2023 is 100.00
U.S.D. 

*	Students can enjoy a partial meal plan at SUMS' canteens.
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18362/Dining> 

 

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS Tuition Fees and Expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18853/Tuition--Fees-and-Expenses> 

SUMS Housing and Accomodation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations> 

SUMS Health Insurance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18364/Healthcare-Insurance->