Subject: Incubators and Accelerators
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18833      Publish Date : Sunday, February 27, 2022 Visit : 5589 

Incubators and Accelerators 

Incubators and Accelerators 

SUMS INCUBATORS AND ACCELERATOR

Directorate for Health Technology Development

The pivotal role of universities in economic and entrepreneurial
development has highlighted the need for institutional transformation
in higher education. In this sense, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS) is committed to become a third and eventually fourth
generation, entrepreneurial, innovative, technology-oriented and
revenue generating institution.

SUMS “Directorate for Health Technology Development” was founded in
2014 with the purpose of enhancing academic and technology-related
activities, creating an adequate platform for advancement of research,
developing technological and knowledge-based products, and facilitating
the patenting and commercialization processes, as well as transferring
technology and supplying the final products to industries and
consumers. Currently, this directorate is in charge of 6 research
incubators, 1 accelerator center, and 125 subsidiary companies of which
23 are knowledge based.

Offices of the Directorate:

*	Office for Innovations, Inventions and Intellectual Property
*	Office for Industrial Relations
*	Office for Congresses and International Research Exchange

Missions of the Directorate: 

*	Promoting the culture of product-oriented and applied research
*	Facilitating the development and implementation of
technology-based projects
*	Supporting the launch and development of knowledge-based
companies and research incubators
*	Supporting patent registers, intellectual property rights, and
industrial relations
*	Empowering researchers and technologists

Research Incubators and Accelerator Center of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences 

Biotechnology Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18835/Biotechnology-Incubator> 

Information Technology Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18836/Information-Technology-Incubator> 

Medical Device Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18837/Medical-Device-Incubator> 

Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18838/Stem-Cell-and-Tissue--Engineering-
Incubator> 

Pharmaceutical Products Technology Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18839/Pharmaceutical-Products--Technolog
y-Incubator> 

Traditional and Herbal Medicine Incubator
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18840/Traditional-and-Herbal-Medicine-In
cubator> 

Research and Technology Accelerator Center
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18892/Research-and-Technology-Accelerat
or-Center> 

Useful Links: 

Research at SUMS
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18719/Research-at-SUMS> 

SUMS Research Centers
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18439/SUMS-Research-Centers> 

Research Equipment
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18654/Research-Equipment> 

SUMS Visiting Professor Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18644/Visiting-Professor-Program>
SUMS Journals at a Glance
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18653/SUMS-Journals-at-a-Glance> 

SUMS Digital Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

SUMS Traditional Libraries
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18625/Traditional-Libraries>