Subject: First Expo of Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and Health Tourism runs in Shiraz
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-182      Publish Date : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 Visit
: 2001 

NEWS | First Expo of Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and
Health Tourism runs in Shiraz 

First Expo of Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and Health
Tourism runs in Shiraz 
First Expo of Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and Health
Tourism runs in Shiraz 

First Expo of Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and Health
Tourism Runs in Shiraz

Medical, Therapeutic, and Health Services, and Health Tourism Exhibition

At the opening ceremony of the Medical, Therapeutic, and Health
Services, and Health Tourism exhibition, held for the first time in
Shiraz, Iran, Dr. Hassan Seraj, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18850/Vice-Chancellor-for-Global-Strateg
ies-and-International-Affairs> , declared SUMS strong presence in this
event. According to him, Shiraz, the center of healthcare services in
southern Iran, hosted the expo so as to introduce the centers offering
diagnostic, therapeutic, medical, and healthcare services, promote
healthy eating and health-oriented food products, foster a culture of
traditional Iranian medicine, develop medical tourism, and stage novel
technologies and achievements in medicine. 

During the last 70 years, Shiraz has been the center of medical tourism
in the south of Iran and has been offering healthcare services to
patients from around the world, especially from the Arab countries
lying on the shores of the Persian Gulf, Dr. Seraj added. Considering
the expertise of the healthcare professionals and other remarkable
capacities of medical facilities providing services in this city, along
with the plethora of tourist attractions existing in Shiraz, he
believes effective cooperation in the medical industry between Iran and
its bordering countries can be initiated through such events. As
strengthening collaboration and furthering cooperation with countries
across the globe, especially the bordering countries are among Iran's
priorities, delegates from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Sirayan, and
Pakistan were invited to pay a visit to the exhibition by SUMS. During
the exhibition's visiting days, these delegates and the Iranian
authorities exchanged ideas about different areas of healthcare
services and discussed useful approaches to develop future cooperation
in this regard.

Furthermore, the director of international networking and marketing at
SUMS Office of the Vice-Chancellery for GSIA and SUMS coordinator for
the event, Maryam Danesh, stated that SUMS stalls at the first
exhibition of Therapeutic, Medical, and Health Services, and Health
Tourism, demonstrated SUMS ability to provide quality healthcare
services. SUMS Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug Affairs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18785/Vice-Chancellery-for-Food-and-Drug
> , Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18782/Vice-Chancellery-for-Treatment-Aff
airs> , Vice-Chancellery for Health Affair
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18784/Vice-Chancellery-for-Health-Affair
s> s, Vice-Chancellery for Research and Technology Affairs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18783/Vice-Chancellery-for-Research-and-
Technology> , and Vice-Chancellery for GSIA
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18789/Vice-Chancellery-for-Global-Strate
gies-and-International-Affairs> , as well as SUMS Medical facilities,
including clinics and hospitals, attended the expo to represent the
University and its capacities. SUMS representatives at the exhibition
also offered the visitors many counseling services in health areas,
such as nutrition, sexually transmitted diseases, family, environmental
health, and occupational health. Besides, a mobile dentistry clinic
offered free dental visits during the exhibition days from Nov. 23
through until Nov. 26, 2022.