Subject: Ph.D.
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18429      Publish Date : Friday, March 4, 2016 Visit : 41075 

Ph.D. 

Ph.D. 

SUMS Ph.D. Programs

 SUMS Ph.D.
Programs<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/Images/UserFiles/1/image/Study%20Program
s/phd2(1).jpg> 

 

Ph.D. program is designed for graduates who have completed an education
level equal to a master's degree and plan to enhance their academic
life. SUMS offers Ph.D. programs in various fields. This program takes
about 4 to 5 years to complete. Applicants should refer to the
Admissions and Financial Aid
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/UniversityStudy/18429/gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page
/18321/Financial-Aid>  for more information on the application process,
requirements <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18327/Graduate> , and
financial matters. The following table features the Ph.D. programs
presented at SUMS:

 

Ph.D. Programs at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Schools' Ph.D. Programs

School

Ph.D. Program	 Length of Training	 
School of Medicine	 Anatomical Sciences
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2056/Anatomical-Sciences> 

Biostatistics <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2057/Biostatistics> 

Clinical Biochemistry
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2059/Medical-Biochemistry> 

Medical Bacteriology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2058/Medical-Bacteriology> 

Medical Ethics <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2060/Medical-Ethics> 

Medical Immunology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2061/Medical-Immunology> 

Medical Parasitology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2062/Medical-Parasitology> 

Medical Physiology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2063/Medical-Physiology> 

Pharmacology <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2064/Pharmacology> 

Iranian Traditional Medicine
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2065/Traditional-Medicine> 

4.5-6 Years
 	 
School of Dentistry	 Dental Public Health (DPH)	 
School of Pharmacy	 Medicinal Chemistry
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2067/Medicinal-Chemistry> 

Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2068/Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology> 

Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2069/Pharmaceutical-Nanotechnology> 

Pharmaceutics <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2070/Pharmaceutics> 

Pharmacognosy <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2071/Pharmacognosy> 

Toxicology <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2072/Toxicology> 

Traditional Pharmacy
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2073/Traditional-Pharmacy-> 

School of Nursing	 Nursing

School of Nutrition and Food Sciences	 Nutritional Sciences (Clinical
Nutrition)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2074/Nutritional-Sciences--Clinical-N
utrition-> 

School of Rehabilitation 	 Physical Therapy(Physiotherapy)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2075/Physical-Therapy--PT-> 

School of Management and Medical Informatics	 Health in Emergencies
and Disasters
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2076/Health-in-Emergencies-and-Disast
ers> 

Health Information Management

Health Services Management
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2077/Health-Services-Management> 

School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies 	 Applied Cell
Sciences <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2091/Applied-Cell-Sciences> 

Medical Biotechnology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2078/Medical-Biotechnology> 

Molecular Medicine
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2079/Molecular-Medicine> 

Neurosciences <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2089/Neurosciences> 

Reproductive Biology
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2080/Reproductive-Biology> 

Tissue Engineering
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2097/Tissue-Engineering> 

School of Health 	 Ergonomics
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2093/Ergonomics> 

Environmental Health Engineering
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2092/Environmental-Health> 

Epidemiology <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2081/Epidemiology> 

Occupational Health Engineering
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2082/Occupational-Health-Engineering>
Health Education and Health Promotion
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2094/Health-Education-and-Health-Prom
otion> 

SUMS Ph.D. by Research Programs ∗

Research Centers

Ph.D. Program

Length of Training

Shiraz HIV/AIDS Research Center (SHARC)

Medical Virology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2153/Medical-Virology--research-base
d-> 

2.5-4 Years

(Determined by the Research Center)

Transplant Research Center (STRC)

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2154/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Medical Virology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2155/Medical-Virology--research-base
d-> 

Medical Immunology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2156/Medical-Immunology--research-ba
sed-> 

Poostchi Ophthalmology Research Center

Optometry (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2157/Optometry--research-based-> 

Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection Research Center (INIRPRC)

Medical Physics (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2158/Medical-Physics--research-based
-> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2159/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research

Medical Immunology (Research-based)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2083/Cancer-Immunology> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2160/Medical-Immunology--research-ba
sed-> 

Health Policy Research Center(HPRC)

Pharmacology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2162/Pharmacology--research-based-> 

Health Policy (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2163/Health-Policy--research-based->
Epidemiology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2164/Epidemiology--research-based-> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2165/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Biostatistics (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2166/Biostatistics--research-based->
Medicinal & Natural Product Chemistry Research Center (MNCRC)

Pharmacology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2167/Pharmacology--research-based-> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2168/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Research Center for Health Sciences (RCHS)

Environmental Health Engineering (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2169/Environmental-Health-Engineerin
g--research-based-> 

Ergonomics (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2170/Ergonomics--research-based-> 

Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2171/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Medical Nanotechnology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2172/Medical-Nanotechnology--researc
h-based-> 

Diagnostic Laboratory Sciences and Technology Research Center

Medical Virology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2174/Medical-Virology--research-base
d-> 

Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Center

Physiology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2175/Physiology--research-based-> 

Gastroenterohepatology Research Center

Medical Biotechnology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2176/Medical-Biotechnology--research
-based-> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2177/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Clinical Microbiology Research Center

Medical Immunology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2178/Medical-Immunology--research-ba
sed-> 

Biomedicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2179/Biomedicine--research-based-> 

Medical Mycology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2180/Medical-Mycology--research-base
d-> 

Medical Virology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2181/Medical-Virology--research-base
d-> 

Nanobiology and Nanomedicine Research Center (NNRC)

Medical Nanotechnology (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2182/Medical-Nanotechnology--researc
h-based-> 

Hematology Research Center

Laboratory Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2183/Laboratory-Hematology-and-Trans
fusion-Medicine--research-based-> 

Stem Cells Technology Research Center

Applied Cell Science (research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2184/Applied-Cell-Science--research-
based-> 

Education Development Center

Medical Education (Research-based)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2084/Medical-Education------> 

Allergy Research Center 

Medical Immunology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2186/Medical-Immunology--Research-ba
sed-> 

Infertility Research Center

Medical Immunology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2187/Medical-Immunology--Research-ba
sed-> 

Maternal-Fetal Medicine Research Center

Clinical Biochemistry (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2188/Clinical-Biochemistry--Research
-based-> 

Anesthesiology and Critical Care Research Center

Healthcare and Social Welfare (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2189/Healthcare-and-Social-Welfare--
Research-based-> 

Nephro-Urology Research Center

Medical Virology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2190/Medical-Virology--Research-base
d-> 

Healthcare and Social Welfare (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2191/Healthcare-and-Social-Welfare--
Research-based-> 

Physiology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2192/Physiology--Research-based-> 

Neuroscience Research Center (SNRC)

Neurosciences (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2193/Neurosciences--Research-based->
Clinical Education Research Center (CERC)

Medical Education (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2194/Medical-Education--Research-bas
ed-> 

Research Center for Traditional Medicine and History of Medicine

Iranian Traditional Medicine (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2195/Iranian-Traditional-Medicine--R
esearch-based-> 

Clinical Neurology Research Center

Neurosciences (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2196/Neurosciences--Research-based->
Medical Mycology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2197/Medical-Mycology--Research-base
d-> 

Autoimmune Diseases Research Center

Medical Immunology (Research-based)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/Program/2198/Medical-Immunology--Research-ba
sed-> 

∗ Admission to Ph.D. by Research programs is conditional upon the
verification of the applicant’s academic qualifications and research
experience, as well as the availability of openings for PhD candidates.
The final decision regarding admission rests with the research center
responsible for the program.

The following list provides detailed information on SUMS Ph.D. Programs: