Subject: International Accreditation at SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18484      Publish Date : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 Visit : 4291 

International Accreditation at SUMS 

International Accreditation at SUMS 

 

International Accreditation at SUMS

International Accreditation at SUMS

 

Due to the phenomenon of massification of higher education, and the
significance loaded on the idea of quality assurance and accreditation,
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) as a higher education
institute has formed its International Accreditation and Rankings
Network with the mission of developing a quality assurance system at
the University leading to the process of accreditation. To foster the
University’s internationalization of quality practices; thus, SUMS’
Accreditation and Rankings Network is organized as a three-level
network including “the Headquarter for International Accreditation and
Rankings of the University”  as the primary level in addition to “the
Specialized Committee of Accreditation in Vice-Chancellor Offices ” and
“the International Accreditation Workgroups in SUMS' Schools” as the
secondary and tertiary ones, respectively.  The following figure
picturizes the classification of the aforementioned network, reflecting
a whole grasp of its different divisions:

 

 

Accreditation, as the international scholarly community believes, has a
strong impact on faculty management and quality assurance. Not only
will ostensibly the self-assessment procedure reports but also the
accreditation’s recommendations result in institutional improvements.
It is definitely obvious that a higher education institution passing
through a comprehensive assessment procedure by an international
academic accreditation such as ASIC accreditation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18482/ASIC-International-Accreditation>
can claim its contribution to the world of quality in higher education.

To be aligned with internationally accredited higher education
institutions, during last years, the Accreditation and Rankings Network
at SUMS has been endeavoring to assimilate all the departments,
divisions, and administrative offices of the University with the most
recent scholarly institutional guidelines from theory to practice.
Considering these evident facts, SUMS, as one of Iran’s avant-garde
universities in the field of medicine and its related areas, is
motivated to declare its commitment to the international standards
through working to achieve the ASIC accreditation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18482/ASIC-International-Accreditation>
. 

 

To see more information on SUMS’ Accreditation please check the links
below:

The Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and
Universities (ASIC)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18482/ASIC-International-Accreditation> 

The Procedure of Accreditation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18483/Accreditation-Procedure>