Subject: Dr. Payam Peymani -Removed
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18690      Publish Date : Monday, June 15, 2020 Visit : 1982 

Dr. Payam Peymani -Removed 

Dr. Payam Peymani 

	 Dr. Payam Peymani

Assistant Professor and Director of the Department

Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics Department

Health Policy Research Center, School of Medicine

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

Appointed:

Visiting Professor

Department of Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, University Hospital
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Address: University Hospital Zurich, RAE E, Rämistrasse 100,8091,
Zurich, Switzerland

CV
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/Images/UserFiles/1/file/Global/visiting%20profes
sor/Payam%20Peymani%20CV.pdf> 

 

Biography:

Payam Peymani is an assistant professor and the head of the Department
of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Health Policy Research
Center, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(SUMS). In addition, Dr. Peymani actively works at SUMS Autophagy
Research Center. It is worth mentioning that Dr. Peymani received his
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree at SUMS School of Pharmacy and did
his PhD in Clinical Pharmacology (Pharmacoepidemiology) at SUMS Health
Policy Research Center in 2016.

He has also been appointed Visiting Professor to visit the Department
of Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, University Hospital Zürich,
Switzerland to continue academic collaboration with this University
Hospital. In addition to all the above mentioned responsibilities, Dr.
Peymani is the Director of Permanent Secretariat of Euro-Asian
Pharmacoepidemiology Congress (EAPEC). 

Dr. Peymani is the author of more than 60 peer-reviewed papers, has
given presentations in more than 35 international congresses and
symposia and has been the reviewer of various international scientific
journals. Dr. Peymani has more than 6 years of experience in designing
and conducting clinical trials, population based studies in
Pharmacoepidemiology.  He has taken different positions such as a
Clinical Research Manager, a Senior Clinical Research Associate, a
Statistical and Epidemiological Consultant for Clinical Trials
projects, and postdoctoral fellowship and professorship. Dr. Peymaniʼs
expertise is in designing, conducting and doing analysis-documentation
of clinical trials, monitoring the progress of clinical studies and
assessing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the drug
safety/pharmacovigilance of projects. Currently, he is involved in
Pharmacoepidemiology, Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety Studies. Among
his main research interests are designing and conducting clinical
trials and doing Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety Evaluation.

Research Priorities:

*	Pharmacoepidemiology
*	Drug Safety, Pharmacovigilance
*	Clinical Trial (Clinical Trials Design and Management)
*	Population Based Study
*	Clinical Pharmacology

Previous Academic Collaborations with the Target University:

Project Title: Design and Implementation of Drug-Induced Liver Injuries
Algorithm in Hospital

A Prospective Analysis from Laboratory Signals

Funded by: University of Zurich and University Hospital Zürich, Zürich,
Switzerland

Role: Main investigator

Year: 2019-2022

Project Title: Apoptosis, Autophagy, and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress
in Autoimmune Hepatitis: A Clinical Pilot Study

Funded by: Manitoba University, Canada and Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences, Iran,

Role: Co-investigator

Year: 2013-2015

Project Title: Chloroquine Therapy for Non-Responsive HCV Patients
Genotype

Funded by: Manitoba University, Canada and Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences, Iran

Role: Co-investigator

Year: 2012-2014

Project Title: Predictors of Switching to Insulin in Oral Anti Diabetic
(Oral Hypoglycemic) Agent Users (Population Based Study)

Funded by: Erasmus MC (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)

Role:  Co-investigator

Year: 2017-2021

Project Title: Medication Use Review (MUR) in Community Pharmacists

Funded by: Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of
Tartu, Tartu, Estonia

Role: Main investigator

Year: 2019-2021

Number and the Duration of Previous Visits to the Target University:

Duration: one year

Position: Postdoctoral Fellowship of Pharmacoepidemiology and
Pharmacovigilance, Department of Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology,
University Hospital Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland.

Project Title: Post marketing surveillance of liver injury caused by
drugs: prospective analysis of drug-induced liver injury cases in a
major Swiss university hospital and comparison with retrospective cases
extracted from the Swiss Pharmacovigilance database

Funding: received 100,000 CHF from University of Zurich, Switzerland