Subject: Ibn-e-Sina Library
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18817      Publish Date : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 Visit :
7285 

Ibn-e-Sina Library 

Ibn-e-Sina Library 

Ibn-e-Sina Library

 

To address the academic and research requirements of SUMS faculty,
students, researchers, and staff, Ibn-e-Sina Library was founded in
1996. Since its inception, the library has undergone extensive
renovations and relocations over the years. Currently, it is housed on
the ground floor of Ibn-e-Sina Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18738/Ibn-e-Sina-Hospital> , occupying
a floor space of 80 square meters.

Alongside a diverse range of general and specialized collections, the
library boasts a selection of audio-visual materials. A dedicated
section caters to patients' requirements, while the library's reading
room provides a round-the-clock study environment for visitors.

Facts and Figures

Collections:

*	4946 book titles in Persian (6564 volumes)
*	211 book titles in English (323 volumes)
*	77 reference resources 

	*	24 volumes in Persian
	*	53 volumes in English

*	160 Educational films (audio-visual materials)
*	1 e-book title (2 volumes)
*	E-journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Online databases
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 
*	Open access journals
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18626/Digital-Libraries> 

Staff

1 full-time employee

Spaces

*	2 gender-specific reading rooms (a 10-square-meter room for
male students and a 11-square-meter room for female students)
*	16 seats
*	5 tables
*	2 computer labs with 3 internet accessed computer suites

Opening Hours

Saturday – Wednesday 7:00 am – 2:00 pm

Thursday    7:00 am – 1:00 pm

Address

Ibn-e-Sina Hospital Library

Hafezieh Sq., Hafez St.

Shiraz, Iran

Postal Code: 71466-76541

Website: https://ebnesina.sums.ac.ir <https://ebnesina.sums.ac.ir/> 

Email: [email-masked]

Tel.: +98(71) 32271387-8 (Ext. 278)

  _____  

Useful Links:

Shahid Dr. Garakani-Nedzad Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18803/Shahid-Dr--Garakani-Nedzad-Library
> 

School of Paramedical Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18807/School-of-Paramedical-Sciences-Lib
rary> 

School of Pharmacy Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18808/School-of-Pharmacy-Library> 

School of Dentistry Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18804/School-of-Dentistry-Library> 

School of Management and Medical Information Sciences Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18805/School-of-Management-and-Medical-I
nformation-Sciences-Library> 

School of Nursing and Midwifery Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18806/School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery-Li
brary> 

Avicenna Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 

Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 

Dr. Gharib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18811/Dr--Gharib-Library> 

Daneshjoo Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18812/Daneshjoo-Library> 

Shahid Dastgheib Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18813/Shahid-Dastgheib-Library> 

Shahid Faghih Library (AKA Chamran Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18814/Shahid-Faghih-Library--AKA-Chamran
-Hospital-Library-> 

Hafez Hospital Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18816/Hafez-Hospital-Library> 

Dr. Setayesh Library (AKA Khalili Hospital Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18815/Dr--Setayesh-Library--AKA-Khalili-
Hospital-Library->