Subject: Chancellor
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18823      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 5556 

Chancellor 

SUMS Chancellor 

      

Chancellor of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)

	  

Prof. Seyed Basir Hashemi, the Chancellor of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), is a specialist of ENT  at Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences. He completed a fellowship in Otology at Gutenberg
University in Germany. you can download his CV from here.

 

Message from the Chancellor

As SUMS chancellor, I take privilege to extend my sincere thanks to
SUMS faculty and staff for remaining vigilant in dealing with the
condition caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and for the part they are
playing in the University’s response. The fierce importance of
community has been overemphasized during these unprecedent times and I
am honored to lead such a devoted community including students, staff,
faculty, donors, and partners.

SUMS effortless dedication to health services and contribution to
diminishing health and educational disparities has been recognized
since its founding in 1946. As the main university in Fars province,
SUMS regulates all healthcare facilities and health networks in the
province. Sustained effort in continuing with international
developments permeates SUMS vibe; therefore, policies are implemented
toward providing cutting-edge technology and equipment in health care,
education, and research sectors. In line with international benchmarks
and Iran’s Health Transformation Plan, inclusive stratagems have been
formulated and executed which have yielded to health promotion in the
University’s geographic area of responsibility and have made the
province a target for the patients from across the world especially the
Middle East.   

As another aspect of delivering sustainable health care services,
training and empowering future and current health care professionals
have always been of paramount importance to us. Over 900 faculty and
30000 staff are educating and providing services to SUMS students and
those pursuing continuing education in over 200 disciplines. SUMS is
the center of excellence for e-learning and is considered the main hub
of Advanced Electronic Learning in the Country. Ample opportunities are
provided at SUMS to keep students on track and help them fully develop
their skills and achieve their goals. Students have many opportunities
to work with SUMS professional educators in classroom, clinical, and
research settings. SUMS is where science and practice come together;
thus, students leave the University with a robust portfolio covering
rewarding coursework and internships and many with oversea study
experience.

As one of the largest and most influential universities in Iran, SUMS
greatly values research and innovation. Clear policies, practices, and
procedures which are aimed at supporting researchers and providing them
with suitable learning and mentoring opportunities are implemented;
besides, management systems are geared to not only lead also endorse
research activities at SUMS. In addition to the great number of
research laboratories at SUMS schools, the University is home to 63
research centers which provide world-class research environments. Owing
to our faculty’s research activities, SUMS has been always ranked among
top universities of Medical Sciences in publishing scientific papers
per academic faculty for the last several years.

Further, we have created strong linkage with eminent
universities/institutions across the globe in terms of health services,
treatment, research, and education and we yearn to expand our
cooperation with world’s leading universities and scholars. Cooperation
with national and international partners have strengthened us and the
community we serve. In the context of such collaborations or
agreements/contracts and as a result of pursuing SUMS international
policies, diversity is created at SUMS campus. International students
and professors have become an integral part of the fabric of SUMS, they
define and redefine academic experience at SUMS.

Our students, faculty, researchers, and staff as well as all these
perpetual endeavors represent the best of who we are but what
accurately reflect us is our commitment to our values; respect, unity,
compassion, integrity, etc. underpin every decision taken by and
activities conducted at SUMS.

Sincerely,

Prof. Seyed Basir Hashemi, MD

Chancellor

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences