Subject: SUMS First Virtual Journal Club on a Paper Titled “An Overview of Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine” Successfully Held on July 26, 2020
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-108      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 Visit :
3152 

NEWS | SUMS First Virtual Journal Club on a Paper Titled “An Overview
of Herbal and Traditional Remedies in... 

SUMS First Virtual Journal Club on a Paper Titled “An Overview of
Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of Cutaneous
Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine” Successfully Held
on July 26, 2020 
SUMS First Virtual Journal Club on a Paper Titled “An Overview of
Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of Cutaneous
Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine” Successfully Held
on July 26, 2020 

SUMS First Virtual Journal Club on a Paper Titled “An Overview of
Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of Cutaneous
Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine” Successfully Held
on July 26, 2020

 

In pursuit of SUMS internationalization policy to promote academic
cooperation with universities across the globe, SUMS Vice-Chancellery
for Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) has launched its
Virtual Journal Club to create a safe environment for professors and
scholars so as to discuss selected papers published in recognized
international journals during the time of COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore,
the University held its first virtual meeting of the Journal Club on
July 26th, 2020. The meeting, moreover, was aimed at discussing a paper
titled “An Overview of Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment
of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine”.

In this event, scholars from Iran and America including Dr. Mohammad
Jafferany, Clinical Professor of Psychodermatology and Psychiatry from
Central Michigan University and the Deputy Editor of the Journal of
Dermatologic Therapy, Dr. Roja Rahimi, Associate Professor of
Traditional Pharmacy from Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Dr.
Farhad Handjani, SUMS Professor of Dermatology, Dr. Bahador
Shahriarirad, SUMS Professor of Parasitology and Mycology, and Dr.
Mohammad Mahdi Parvizi, SUMS Assistant Professor of Traditional
Medicine conveyed their views and shared their experiences on the
subject.

At the end, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for GSIA, Dr. Nasrollah Erfani,
invited SUMS professors and researchers to contribute to holding
similar events. Upon request for such events, Vice-Chancellery for GSIA
will proceed with necessary arrangements, he concluded.

To see the list of speakers and the event’s agenda check the following
Table:

“An Overview of Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of
Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine”

16:00—July 26th, 2020

16:00-16:05

Introduction to the Discussion  

Farhad Handjani, MD

Moderator

16:05-16:20

“An Overview of Herbal and Traditional Remedies in the Treatment of
Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Based on Traditional Persian Medicine”

Mohammad Mahdi Parvizi, MD

Assistant Professor of Traditional Medicine

Molecular Dermatology Research Center

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

16:20-16:30

“Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Iran: A Parasitological View”

Bahador Shahriarirad, PhD

Professor of Parasitology,

Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine

 Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

16:30-16:40

“Clinical Aspects of Old World Cutaneous Leishmaniasis” 

Farhad Handjani, MD

Professor of Dermatolog, Head of the Department

Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

16:40-16:50

“Scientific Writing about Traditional Medicinal Plans”

Roja Rahimi, PharmD, PhD

Associate Professor of Traditional Pharmacy

Department of Traditional Pharmacy, School of Persian Medicine

Tehran University of Medical Sciences 

16:50-17:00

“Importance of Publishing Reviews in Medical Journals” 

Mohammad Jafferany, MD

Clinical Professor of Psychodermatology and Psychiatry

Central Michigan University, College of Medicine, Michigan, USA

Deputy Editor, Journal of Dermatologic Therapy

17:00-17:10

Conclusion 

Dr. Farhad Handjani  

Moderator