Subject: Pakistani Health Delegation Visits SUMS to Expand Partnerships
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-156      Publish Date : Sunday, May 15, 2022 Visit : 2192 

NEWS | Pakistani Health Delegation Visits SUMS to Expand Partnerships 

Pakistani Health Delegation Visits SUMS to Expand Partnerships 
Pakistani Health Delegation Visits SUMS to Expand Partnerships 

Pakistani Health Delegation Visits SUMS to Expand Partnerships  

 

A high-level health delegation from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
visited Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) on May 9 and 10,
2022. The group was led by H. E. Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho, the Provincial
Minister of Sindh for Health and Population Welfare. The purpose of the
visit was to learn more about SUMS capabilities and the system of
healthcare delivery in Shiraz, as well as to explore opportunities for
collaboration and partnership.

On the first day of the visit, the delegation was given a tour of Abu
Ali Sina Organ Transplant Hospital. They visited a number of facilities
including the VIP ward for foreign patients, and met with the hospital’s
management, prominent surgeons and professional staff. On the second
day, the group paid a visit to the Central Research Laboratory of SUMS
and Mohammad Rasul Allah Research Tower. At the Research Tower a number
of leading entrepreneurs and startups presented their innovative
healthcare products and services. The members of the delegation were
then acquainted with the research activities at various units of the
Tower.

 

Within the framework of the visit to the Research Tower, a meeting was
held by SUMS Chancellor, Professor Seyed Vahid Hosseini. The parties
discussed potential avenues for collaboration between SUMS and the
healthcare infrastructure of Pakistan’s Sindh province. Hinting at SUMS
capabilities in capacity building and human resources, Professor
Hosseini expressed the University’s willingness to foster cooperation
with the Pakistani side. The meeting was also attended by Dr. Seyed
Hassan Seradj, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA). Dr. Seradj highlighted the University’s
strides in the areas of medical tourism, admission of international
students, and international collaborations.

Furthermore, during their two-day stay in Shiraz, the Pakistani
delegation also visited the city’s cultural and religious landmarks and
made a short trip to the nearby ancient monuments including the
Persepolis World Heritage Site.