Subject: Afghan and Pakistani Health Officials Meet with SUMS Representatives to Discuss Scientific Exchanges
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-183      Publish Date : Sunday, December 4, 2022 Visit :
2312 

NEWS | Afghan and Pakistani Health Officials Meet with SUMS
Representatives to Discuss Scientific Exchanges 

Afghan and Pakistani Health Officials Meet with SUMS Representatives to
Discuss Scientific Exchanges 
Afghan and Pakistani Health Officials Meet with SUMS Representatives to
Discuss Scientific Exchanges 

Afghan and Pakistani Health Officials Meet with SUMS Representatives to
Discuss Scientific Exchanges

 

Senior officials from Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) met
with healthcare delegations from Afghanistan and Pakistan to discuss
the development of scientific collaborations.

Speaking after the meeting, Dr. Mahmoud Nejabat, the Senior Advisor to
the Chancellor of SUMS, pointed to Shiraz’s position as a medical hub
in Iran and the wider region, stating that the city has long maintained
scientific and medical relations with overseas universities and
scientific centers, especially those in neighboring countries.

 

Referring to the Iranian government's emphasis on the priority of
cooperation with neighboring countries, Dr. Nejabat added: “During this
meeting, discussions were held with Afghan and Pakistani health
officials to promote cooperation in a number of areas including student
exchanges with the two countries, scientific interactions and health
tourism”.

He further remarked that expanding ties with other countries would be
conducive to the promotion of Iranian culture, awareness of Shiraz’s
medical capabilities and development of health tourism.

The meeting took place on the sidelines of the First Special Exhibition
on Medical and Therapeutic Services, and Health Tourism, and the 15th
Exhibition on Medical Equipment.