Subject: Delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University Visits SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-211      Publish Date : Saturday, April 6, 2024 Visit :
1799 

NEWS | Delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University
Visits SUMS 

Delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University Visits
SUMS 
Delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University Visits
SUMS 

Delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University Visits
SUMS

 

A delegation from West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University
(WKMOMU) recently visited Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
during the Nowruz holidays, which mark the beginning of the new Iranian
year. Led by Dr. Nadiar Mussin, the Vice Rector for Clinical and
Scientific Affairs, the WKMOMU delegation engaged in extensive
discussions with their SUMS counterparts on potential collaborations in
academic, research, and healthcare services.

The one-day trip included a tour of SUMS's educational, research, and
medical facilities, such as the International Patients Department of
Abu Ali Sina Organ Transplantation Hospital, Mohammad Rasoolullah
(PBUH) Research Tower, Stem Cell Technology Research Center, and
Comparative and Experimental Medicine Center. Following the tours,
bilateral discussions were held to explore opportunities for joint
cooperation, training Kazakh specialists in Shiraz, and initiating
collaborative research projects.

Dr. Mussin emphasized the importance of inter-institutional
collaborations and academic exchanges in enhancing the performance of
medical students and specialists. Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, SUMS
Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs,
highlighted the significance of strengthening ties with academic
institutions from neighboring countries. He emphasized the need to
create platforms for capacity building, knowledge exchange, and joint
educational and research projects between SUMS and WKMOMU.

The visit by WKMOMU's Vice Rector during the festive Nowruz period
symbolizes the shared cultural values between Iran and Kazakhstan and
underscores both institutions' commitment to collaborative endeavors in
various medical fields. This visit lays a foundation for enhanced
cooperation and mutual learning between Iranian and Kazakh scholars.