Subject: Shiraz Medical School Secures Top Spot in National Accreditation
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-219      Publish Date : Sunday, September 1, 2024 Visit :
2869 

NEWS | Shiraz Medical School Secures Top Spot in National Accreditation 

Shiraz Medical School Secures Top Spot in National Accreditation 
Shiraz Medical School Secures Top Spot in National Accreditation 

Shiraz Medical School Secures Top Spot in National Accreditation

Shiraz Medical School

SUMS Medical School has successfully obtained five-year accreditation
ranking, the highest achievable in the national accreditation program.
The Dean of Shiraz Medical School, Dr. Hesamedin Nabavizadeh, made the
announcement, highlighting the school’s significant achievement in the
national accreditation program.

Medical schools worldwide undergo rigorous accreditation processes to
evaluate their capacity and competency in training medical students and
producing qualified physicians. In Iran, medical schools are assessed
based on their facilities, infrastructure, equipment, educational
spaces, and other relevant criteria. Accreditation rankings are awarded
on a scale from six months to five years, depending on the institution’s
performance.

Shiraz Medical School had previously achieved a three-year
accreditation ranking but has now elevated its status to the maximum
five-year level. This accomplishment places Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences alongside its counterpart in Tehran, as the only two
institutions in Iran to attain the highest accreditation. The five-year
accreditation validates the School’s commitment to providing
high-quality medical education and ensures the continued recognition of
its graduates.

The dean attributed this success to the unwavering support of the
university chancellor, the vice chancellor for education, university
officials, faculty members, staff, and students. He emphasized that
this achievement will further enhance the school’s reputation and drive
continuous improvement in various areas.