Subject: Call for International Cartoon Contest
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-91      Publish Date : Friday, March 20, 2020 Visit : 3000 

NEWS | Call for International Cartoon Contest 

Call for International Cartoon Contest 
Call for International Cartoon Contest 

 

Call for International Cartoon Contest

corona virus contest

Dr. Kooroush Azizi, the executive director of the contest: To cheer up
people all around the world, to encourage them to fight against the
virus, and to refine international public opinion on how to react to
the situation caused by Covid-2019, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS) is going to host the first international cartoon
contest on Coronavirus. The contest is organized by SUMS under the
supervision of Iran’s Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical
Education and in cooperation with the Center for Visual Arts, Fars
Office of Culture and Islamic Guidance, The Office of Vice-President
for Science and Technology, IGap corporation, Mobile Telecommunication
Company of Iran, Ehsane-Barkat Foundation, and Ravayate-Fath Foundation.

As he remarked, the first, second, and third winners will receive €1500,
€1000, and €500, respectively along with the festival’s trophy and a
certificate of recognition. 250 competitors from 52 countries had sent
their artworks so far. Up to now, the University received 800 artworks
among which the number of works sent by Chinese applicants is
remarkable, Dr. Azizi concluded.

Contest Information

Theme: We Defeat Coronavirus (works should reflect excellence and
originality in capturing this concept)

Genre: Cartoon, Caricature

Submission Format: jpg, png

Resolution: 300 dpi, 2000 pix

Entry Fee: Free

Closing Date: April 9, 2020

Prize:

*	€1500 first prize, €1000 second prize, and € 500 third prize
*	The festival’s trophy and a certificate of recognition to the
first 3 winners
*	The festival’s catalogue to the first 50 finalists
*	The festival’s electronic catalogue to all the participants

 

Requirements

*	 Open to artists worldwide
*	 A word file format including the participant’s personal
information (first name, last name, postal address, e-mail address, and
phone number)
*	 The participant’s CV
*	 A scanned copy of the participant’s photo

Contact Information:

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 26 53, (+98 71) 32 12 26 49, (+98) 917 305 2671

Contest Secretariat’s Address: Iran, Shiraz, Zand Blvd.,
Administeration Building of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, the
Directorate for Culture

Note 1: The applicants are allowed to submit only 5 works to enter the
contest.

Note 2: All the documents should be sent to [email-masked].

Note 3: Iranian participants should be present at the closing event to
receive their awards in case of being announced as the winners.