Subject: SUMS IEP Students Received Updates of the Current Semester Academic Calendar
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-97      Publish Date : Saturday, May 23, 2020 Visit : 3037 

NEWS | SUMS IEP Students Received Updates of the Current Semester
Academic Calendar 

SUMS IEP Students Received Updates of the Current Semester Academic
Calendar 
SUMS IEP Students Received Updates of the Current Semester Academic
Calendar 

 

SUMS IEP Students Received Updates of the Current Semester Academic
Calendar

Announcement for SUMS International Students

SUMS IEP students received the latest updates regarding the changes in
timetable of the current semester, classes, and exams.  Announced by
Dr. Nsrohllah Erfani, SUMS Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs, in line with the policies of Iranian Ministry of
Health and according to SUMS latest attempts regarding Covid 19
infection control, the announcement indicates that, IEP students
studying in the preclinical phase will receive the offline-presented
contents of the current semester courses via links on the official
English website of SUMS (www.gsia.sums.ac.ir) and the exams will be
held in a certain period before next semester begins.

As the announcement says, for the sake of better immunity and reduction
of risk of getting infected, IEP students in the Basic Sciences stage
are recommended leaving dormitories, returning back to their home
country and arranging to return to Iran when the start date of the next
semester is further announced. 

It further adds that students in the Physiopathology Stage can decide
either to stay to take their exams after Ramadhan or leave and sit the
exams in a certain period before next semester begins.  Please note
that in either case, they can take the exams only once.

Also, in the announcement, clinical students including those who are
already in Iran and those who have left and are back to their home
country are informed that they can arrange to attend classes which will
be resumed from June 6th and that in case they cannot attend classes
for any reason, they are requested to send a formal email to
[email-masked] and clarify the reason.

Finally, it is  emphasized that the exception in all levels needs to be
directly discussed with the authorities to be decided upon.